Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Artsy Autumn Swap Part I

The Artsy Autumn Swap is over and I can now write about it knowing that Susie has received her package from me. The swap was very well organized by Linda Smith and from what I've read, all had a good time participating. I will start by showing the goodies that Susie sent me.

First of all, the box that everything came in is fun. Plastered all over it are reproduction coffee labels.

Upon opening the box, I saw all of these packages individually wrapped in tan tissue paper and tied with hemp string. (Brown paper packages, tied up with string...these are a few of my favorite things! Sing along now.)
I took my time opening each one and marveling at what Susie figured out about me from reading my blog. Her choices of treats were perfect for me and I love everything she sent.

The painted and altered canvas featuring the dress form is going right up on the wall in my scrap studio. Don't you love the tape measure and vintage earring trim? (You can click on the pictures to make them larger)
Candles and hand cream that smell good, chai tea mix that tastes wonderful with a square mug to drink it in. Trims, buttons, lace and twine to embellish with. Candy corn towels and a crocheted hot pad. Ephemera and the dearest little pixie stamp to use in my art projects. Two sweet handkerchiefs, a great book of quotes and a wonderful CD that I've listened to many times already.
I'm a pretty lucky lady, don't you think?

Susie is a gifted crafter and I'd gladly be partnered with her again in a minute!

Linda is getting ready to post information about the next seasonal swap. Check the updates here. thank you to Susie for all of the wonderful treats and to Linda for organizing and coordinating this Swap.

Stay tuned for the rest of the story.....

3 comments:

marie said...

It's good to see a post from you again!
Looks like you got some wonderful, thoughtful goodies....I especially love the painted and altered canvas. perfect for you!

The swap was so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Love all your goodies! You did well! The wall hanging with the dress form is really cute and perfect since you like dress forms! Everything looks great!

Heidi said...

Lucky you, indeed! The canvas with the dress, Creat Joy, is so sweet. I love that!

*Heidi*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails