Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week 4 in the Julie Nutting for Prima Paper Doll Stamp Blog Hop...Winter

For the past 4 weeks, five crafters and myself, have been participating in the 
Julie Nutting for Prima Paper Doll Stamp Blog Hop!
Every Tuesday in August, we have each posted a seasonal project
using a Prima Paper doll Stamp.
If you leave a comment on each of the Tuesday blog posts,
you will be eligible for some Blog Candy, which is described below.
If you are a follower or become a follower, you will get a second chance.
Finally, if you blog about the Hop or post on your
Facebook or Twitter, a third chance will be yours.
The winner from my blog will be chosen on Friday August 30th

I really can't believe it is the last week of August!
August in Pittsburgh has basically been the coolest month of the summer, 
of any August I can remember, actually. 
have enjoyed it immensely. 
It has been nice to have the air conditioning off and the windows open.. 
(I don't know what this means for Septemeber)

Anyway, the weeks in August have flow and so have the Four Seasons in the
Julie Nutting for Prima Paper Doll Stamp Blog Hop!

We have arrived at Winter!
I knew from the first week what I wanted to make for my Winter project.
An art board using only shades of white with some silver and some bling!

The board is 5 x 7 inches...








Materials used were: a doily, adhesive backed white felt,
Prima chiffon mini flowers, glitter cardstock, silver ribbon,
platinum ink, adhesive rhinestones by Recollections,
Sizzlet by Sizzix die cut snowflakes, dimensional tape, 
Copic markers and of course
Scamp. 
I mentioned last time that Scamp was a wood-mount Hero Arts stamp that
I didn't think was available any longer. My friends Diane and Cheryl have alerted
me that Scamp is now available as part of a clear stamp set
 and the set can be found on eBay here for $4.99!
I also asked if you could guess another theme besides using Scamp in every project...
I chose to use all little girl stamps in my 4 Seasons projects.
I have all of the Prima Paper doll Stamps but limited
myself to the little girl stamps...they worked better with the pup! :D 

Well, we've come to the end of the year and I must say
that this is the most creative fun I've had for a while!
The other women who are participating in this Blog Hop
are all wildly gifted and I have enjoyed getting to know them
and seeing their work. I hope you have, too.

Remember that to be eligible to win the Blog Candy, 
you need to leave a comment on each Tuesdays' post.

This is the blog candy....and another surprise will be included
NOTE: This doll stamp and the wing were used in my final project...
the chiffon flowers, too!

To go to each post, just click on the season...

SPRING...



and now Winter

OK-it's time to hop to the other Bloggers if you haven't already done so...








Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your visits and your comments these last 4 weeks.
You have been gracious and have left some very thoughtful and kind remarks.
I've learned a lot from the other gals in this group and
I hope you have, too.
I will be back soon with more projects and stories to share.
Visit any time...you are always welcome!
xoxo
joyce

28 comments:

Mulberry Mindy said...

What a beautiful art board, Joyce! I love all the shades of white and especially the lace, roses, and of course, Scamp. Such a wintery looking scene, and I love looking at it, it cools me off from the 100+degrees it is here in Texas! Hugs to you!
Mindy
http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

ParkNSlide said...

Love the hat and jacket and her beautiful skirt---a lovely winter scene. Thanks for all the inspiration ...I have loved following Scamp through the seasons. I have followed, shared and commented.

Edilza Teixeira Scrap e Artes said...

Oi Joyce!!!

Seu cartão altamente criativo, me deu até frio.... Lindo de viver!!! Obrigada por compartilhar essa ideia maravilhosa. Visitei e deixei comentário nos blogs da Diane, Darlene, Mary, Lisa e a Mindy.

Beijos

woodandfabric said...

Your winter scene is Gorgeous, Joyce! Again full of little details and bling bling. You did a great, great job. And it remninds me that the snow will be back soon!
Michelle

Davi said...

Your winter scene is sooo Beautiful Joyce! I love the way you did her dress with the flowery skirt and sweet details :)

Darlene said...

OMG Joyce ... this is AMAZING and absolutely STUNNING!! What a fabulous idea to use the all white theme for your winter project! Just gorgeous! LOVE her outfit (from head to toe) ... what wonderful inspiration you have shared throughout this month ... WOW!
Thanks for showcasing your four seasonal creations ... I just might have to go modify my post to do the same ... it's a nice reminder ... well done my new friend!
I can't thank you enough for sharing your talents with me and for the fun time. Please know when I head back to Pittsburgh to visit I'll be waving hello as I drive through!! So if you get a chill down you spine, that will be me SHOUTING "HELLO JOYCE" from the South Hills! LOL!
HUGS from OHIO!!

marie said...

Goodness! This one is truly beautiful! All together, these four pieces make a scrumptious grouping...now where will you display them?

Larisa said...

Your projects are just beautiful. I really Love your creation and you are indeed a talented person.

Diane said...

WOW Joyce!!! Not only did I enjoy your wonderful post, perfectly done, but LOVE your stunning doll, so gorgeous, so inspiring, so wintery wonderful..Wow~wow~wow..(or did I already say that...lol....the perfect end to your amazing display....so glad we "met"!!

MiamiKel said...

OH be still my heart, this is over the moon stunning! What a gorgeous winter scene, so abolutely stunning with it's color and design! And the puppy! He's back! I have adored that part in your posts :) This has been a super fun and inspiring month long hop, I have looked forward to each week's inspiration - thanks for sharing! :)

Personally Posh said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love them all :)

Lisa said...

Oh WOW, Joyce, this is absolutely stunning!! What a gorgeous, gorgeous art board!! She looks amazing!! I love her flower skirt and felt top and hat!! And the sweet doggie of course!! This is truly inspirational and so fabulous!! I'm so glad I got to meet you through this hop!! I will definitely be a frequent visitor!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Karon said...

Oh my what a wonderful display. I love how warm and cosy she looks and how you did the skirt. Gorgeous and thanks for sharing these creations.

karon(dot)hughes(at)gmail(dot)com

Joanie said...

I love your scene! Definitely a full winter scene. Very very pretty. Scamp looks ready for winter too! Thanks for the Fashion Show and lots of new techniques.

I follow your posts.
I posted the Blog Hop to my FB.
joanc@satx.rr.com

Perfectly Printed said...

Your latest creation is just lovely!!

Enderby said...

I adore the winter doll. Her outfit belongs on Project Runway. Of course the dog is the best.

Thank you for all the work you shared with blog land this month. All of your talent and time is great.
I am going to miss this Doll Blog Hop.

Debbie P
deb.peysen@suddenlink.net
a follower

Createology said...

Thank you so very much for this wonderful Doll Hop. I have enjoyed it and gotten so much inspiration from each participant. I adore your Winter Doll in all her white glory. Creative Bliss...

Alvina said...

Wow, Just beautiful I love the way you decorated you doll with all those flower, just beautiful, thanks for taking the time of showing your beautiful projects for all 4 seasons.

alvinascreations.blogspot.com

Gretchen Wilson said...

Great canvas, will she be the snow princess, I think. A wonderful time has been had by me as I have hopped and hopped for the last 4 weeks and have enjoyed every minute of it. It has been a joy. Thanks you girls.

Kathy Salido said...

Oh my, this is just heavenly!! Love the use of the felt and the beautiful flowered skirt.
thanks so much, have really enjoyed this hop and seeing all the fabulous projects.
Kathy
Salido99@msn.com
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Shelly Schmidt said...

This has been such a fun fun hop- what a way to end it all- this is just fabulous- I love the texture and just want to feel that sweater : ) Love the roses skirt- beautifully done. I love the swirls of pearls and the trees you added in the pic- what a cool scene!

SiskiyouSue said...

What a perfect Christmas/Winter scene! It's absolutely beautiful. I haven't used that felt, is it difficult to cut correctly?

Sherrie K. said...

Joyce, this is outstanding!! I love the winter scene and wow..the details are absolutely stunning!!!
What a FUN and inspiring hop-love these Prima Dolls and would love to get my hands on one! TFS!!!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh she is so beautiful! Love this fabulous design and the other three were fabulous too!
Follower and hollysilva911@hotmail.com

annemarie said...

This one is my favorite - I am a winter girl. I am off to check the other blogs!!

Debbie K. said...

Oh Joyce, your winter girl is gorgeous! Love your creations and YOU ARE very talented, don't kid yourself.

Crafty Moni said...

Adorable! Love the way you dressed her up for the winter, the papers felt, and the flowers you used for her skirt were perfect! Loved the look it gave her outfit:) Thanks for sharing!

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

moni023 at yahoo dot com

Jo said...

All of your projects turned out lovely! I like how you used the flowers for the skirt in the winter one. It gives the card a warm feel even though it's all whites and silvers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails