Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Blog Candy, some questions answered and more paper dolls

Hi everyone!
I am overwhelmed by the response to my first
project in the 
 Julie Nutting Paper Doll Stamp Blog Hop!
You are all so kind and I will respond to
everyone even though it might take a little while.

Before I get on to anything else, I wanted to show you the 
Blog Candy
you can win from me by leaving a comment
 on each of my  Tuesday Blog Posts in August
You don't need to have a blog 
but you do need to leave me your name and
 email address so that I have a way to contact you. Thanks!
On to the candy


Julie Nutting for Prima Paper Doll Stamp-Riley
Julie Nutting for Prima Wings stamp
Crate Paper 6x6 Paper Pad
(the small prints of the 6x6-inch pads are the best for the clothing.)
White chiffon flowers for embellishing
I will repost this picture every Tuesday just so you
don't forget what you could win!!


Several ladies asked about my brick wall background.
I used this Penny Black stamp

(for the local stampers, I purchased this stamp at Stamp Fanci)
It is a large background stamp but not big enough for 
my project which is 6.5" x 8.5".
I stamped an 8.5 x 11" piece of cardstock in
four sections 



I was surprised by how easy it was to match up the bricks.
Where there was a break, I just used a black Micron pen to fill in.
Here's a closer look...


I was pleased with the results and I'm sure that I'll get a lot of
use from this stamp.
Other supplies I used for this piece were:
Cricut Seasonal Cake Art cartridge for the grass
Basic Grey Serendipity 6x6 Paper Pad
Umbrella and flower dies from Quickutz.
If you have any other questions please ask...I love to hear from you!

I don't know what else to say about the Julie Nutting for Prima Paper Doll stamps
other than they are the most stamping fun I've had in a long time.
The dolls can be colored with pencils, markers or water colors or
my favorite method; paper piecing. Fun! Fun! Fun!
Here are other recent projects I have completed using
the paper doll stamps...




OK...off to work on Summer!
Remember that comments need to be left on the
Tuesday posts to be Blog Candy eligible.
I'll post a peek on Monday, August 12
and the new post will go up on Tuesday the 13th!
Have a good week!

xoxo
Joyce

13 comments:

Primitive Seasons said...

Tags are so cute Joyce and you are right on top of everything. What a nice prize package too! Is this fun or what?

Mary

ParkNSlide said...

I love seeing all your projects. I agree...these stamps are so much fun. They remind me of my childhood when I would make my own clothes for my paper dolls.
I am enjoying the blog hop...thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

Your other doll projects are absolutely gorgeous!! I love the beautiful designs!! I can't believe how much fun they are to play with!! And I absolutely love that brick stamp!! I have an obsession with bricks...I have like three different stencils, several stamps, but I don't have that one and now I must get it :) Happy Wednesday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Karon said...

Those creations are wonderful. I am loving these stamps! TFS

Createology said...

It is the little details that make such a difference. Your bricks are wonderful detail. Fabulous results with your projects. Happy Creative Hearts...

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, these are amazing and so beautiful! The details and the unique style it fabulous! TFS!! LOVE!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

MiamiKel said...

I'm squealing with happiness just looking over your blog, creations, and this joyful post! I'm remembering when I was a little girl and money was so tight, we made such wonderful memories with the paper dolls and making little clothes with a sketch pad and crayons :) How delightful now as 'bigger girls' we get to stamp, ink and color!! :) I'm a new follower! *Blessings!*

Jo said...

Thanks for breaking it down for the crafty people. I don't think I would have figured out the clothes were from a 6x6 pad, but it makes perfect sense.

SiskiyouSue said...

I really love your paper piecing, it's so perfect for these dresses. Your tag is awesome-ness all over!

Debbie K. said...

So cute! Love your color choices too. Thanks for sharing.
DebbieK
d kaste at wi dot rr dot com

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

adorable, I love these!

~ Jo ~ said...

WOW your projects are beautiful!!! I am amazed at how beautiful you paper pieced their clothes and such. It all looks beautiful! I have a few of these but have not used them yet so thank you for the inspiration!
Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥
Joann6274 at gmail dot com

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Lovin you creations. I am a new follower. thanks for the chance and thanks for sharing you projects with us. ajscreativeenergy@yahoo.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails