Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thank you, thank you and a Wedding

THANK YOU #1: I want to thank all of you who took the time to leave words of encouragement over my joy at being chosen to be part of the Say It With Letters design team. Your words mean so much to me! I hope you've had a chance to visit Deb's blog and see the wonderful work of the other design team members. I am so honored to be counted in with this group of talented women. New things will be popping up in the SIWL Etsy store soon  and next week I will be able to share my first project with you. I'm having so much fun!!

THANK YOU #2:  Everyone was so helpful in voting for the "knob" choice for my repurposed glass jar. Some of you were very firm in your choice and I considered all of your suggestions. I was leaning toward the glass knob and then I read my friend Meri Wiley's comment, "It depends on what the purpose of the jar is going to be, I guess. Personally, I like them both and can't really pick between them." The purpose of the jar...Aha! I wanted to use this wonderful jar as the storage for all of my beautiful bits and bobs of lace. When I placed the lace into the jar the choice became very clear to me...


The flower is the perfect knob I think.

The Wedding:


David & I are just back from a trip to Wilmington, North Carolina where we attended the wedding of the daughter of very dear friends.


We had a wonderful, relaxing trip. The photo below is the view from our hotel room. We had perfect weather while we were there.

That solitary figure is David soaking up the sun. I can't spend a lot of time in the sun because I burn to a crisp while he could stay on the beach for hours.

All of the festivities took place at a beach house that the bride and groom rented for family and friends.
After everyone left town, we were able to spend a day with our friends (the parents of the bride) before we all left to go home.
David and Gary got some fishing in...

Style setters...no?

My sweet friend Sims.
 Of course we didn't manage to get any photos of the 4 of us together!

OK-I'm off to get caught up on my blog reading and working on 4 different crafty projects.
I'm trying to limit my on-line time so I can get some crafting done in preparation
for the upcoming craft fair.

XOXO
Joyce



11 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Congratulations for being chosen for the design team....I am sure it is hard to imagine being given an assignment you can't wait to start! Sure is different from working a real job! Thanks for pinning my project, I don't do Pintrest, I love to spend hours there though.

Carol

marie said...

Sounds like you and David had a restful time....just what you needed I'm sure! The water photos are beautiful...love the colors.

It is that time isn't it....getting busy creating for shows is on my list too. I should spend less time online but I won't. : ) I'll probably spend less time sleeping!

I can't wait to see your first design for Say It With Letters - I know it will be fabulous!!

LaurieStar said...

Wow - what a gorgeous setting for a wedding. Glad you had a little R&R! Jealous!

Heidi said...

I love weddings---the picture of Christ Himself is shown! Fabulous location to travel to for a wedding! Your view from the window is lovely, you must have had that impression burnt on the back of your eyelids! So nice to get to spend time with you friends after the wedding, those are the days when the parents relax! Hugs, Heidi

ImagiMeri said...

Glad I could be of some help to you sweetie. I think you chose the right one! Your little getaway looked so relaxing, probably just what you needed right before diving into a new adventure. Congratulations, again, you'll do an amazing job.

Hugs,
Meri

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

You chose the right knob!!! Your trip to NC looks like it was loverly!

woodandfabric said...

Hello Joyce,

I am not much online these days! I am so happy for your DT member of SIWL! Wow! What fun it will be for you!
Beautiful place you visited! I love the water but not much the sun too!
Have a great day!
Michelle *Ü*

Unknown said...

Joyce,
What a wonderful trip! I can't wait to go back to Wisconsin this October...I leave the 9th...Wayne will be here working...:) The binder is from Scrapbooks ETC ( where else?) it is the smaller one (8.5 x 9.5) that is harder to find, it takes the 5.5 x8.5 refills....Elizabeth told us about them for vintage cards last year....I got the fun green because of Cricut! I saved all but three of my cartridges and Meri is going to buy them...:) Hardly counts as the money is already gone....but it was there to spend! LOL Sandy

Jane said...

Looks like a wonderful vacation and a beautiful spot for a wedding!
Good luck with the craft show preparations!!
Jane

Unknown said...

Joyce, Your choice was wonderful! This jar is perfectly you. I wanted to let you know I am hosting my annual Christmas Tag Swap for only 12 this year and would love to have you. Not a worry at all if you choose not to, I always look forward to your wonderful holiday artwork! So far, Sandy, myself, Vivian and hopefully Linda Ruthie's Aprons. Take care, Elizabeth

Celestial Charms said...

Hi Joyce,
What a wonder wedding event to have attended. A perfect location to relax as well. Fishing, that would definitely be what my hubby would have done, too!
Maureen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails