Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's REDnesday...and a little Steampunk, too!

Hi All!
I'm joining Sue at "It's a Very Cherry World " for Rednesday.
I had been seeing these dishes pop up all over blogland and fell in love with them.
The problem was, everyone was seeing them at Home Goods which we
are not lucky enough to have here in "the 'Burgh" (Pittsburgh
for the out-of-towners)
WELL, last Saturday, I decided to stop in to Marshalls
since I hadn't been there since before Christmas (how did that happen?)
and low and behold....there they were!
So Cath Kidston looking....
but sooooo much more affordable!
Elyse....I hope you've seen these too...


I have plain white Corelle dishes for everyday so these accessory pieces will work in perfectly...
I picked up mugs, bowls, dessert dishes and one large dinner plate to use for serving.
Some are polka dotted and some are checked....all are so cute, don't you think?
I'm also going to squeeze my final Valentine photos in here for Rednesday day as well...










and the last of my Valentines for friends...I tried using some Steampunk images that were provided by Valerie at The Sum of All Crafts.
If you love vintage images...visit Valerie's blog. She is an amazing artist in her own right
and a generous sharer of images. You will spend lots of time there!
Here are my Steampunk Valentines....


(the lighting was bad the day I took this picture but do you ever wonder what to do with the multitude of paint samples you pick up along the way....for me, that's every time I'm in Lowe's or Home Depot!!)

Whew! That's a lot for one Rednesday....
I'll be back tomorrow to show you the beautiful (and I really mean breathtakingly beautiful)
fabric collage that I received in the Swap For All Seasons swap!
xoxo
joyce

13 comments:

marie said...

I love your new dishes ~ awesome find! They're going to be a perfect compliment to your white Corelle. You'll have to show us photos of your table setting when you use them!

The fireplace display for Valentine's Day is beautiful. I clicked every photo so I could ooh and ahh better. You have so many beautiful cards and special treasures. And speaking of cards ~ I love your steampunk cards. How clever to use the paint chip cards. It's a great look! Now I'm off to visit Valerie...can't have enough vintage images!

How a wonderful day Joyce!

Tamera's Craft Palace said...

I love those dishes!!! I need to make a road trip to a Home Goods or Marshalls!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love all your Valentine's and those dishes are very pretty. I must hold back with dishes... :)
warmly,
deb

p.s. mailed the ruler yesterday

Hearts Turned said...

What gorgeous dishes, Joyce--LOVE them! I'll need to keep my eyes open!

Your Valentines are beautiful, and I love your Steampunk cards, too--love that style!

Hope your day is wonderful, my friend!

Julie

Unknown said...

Cute dishes and decor girl!

xoxoSandy

Unknown said...

Ok Missy...now I want more of that pattern! Marshalls and TJ Max are part of the same company as Home Goods...thus they carry some of the same things! You got some pretty pretty pieces! There is a whole set of this online, different a bit, but same company and line. Service for 4 I think is about 80.00...still big $$$$. I will try to pick up a piece here and there later...I did have a bowl picked out that was really cute but could only afford the tea pot and cups.....We all need to meet somewhere in the middle of the country and bring our dishes and have a massive teal party! LOL Love all of your reds...hope all is well...Love, Sandy

Suz said...

Joyce,
Great job on the steampunk valentine. I was in a steampunk char swap. It was kind of a hard concept for me to wrap my mind around...but fun!
Love the "Cath Kidston." I would just love a set. They don't match anything I have (and I don't have room for them) but I still would ;-)
xo,
Suz

woodandfabric said...

Such a lovely post Joyce! I even recognized a paper doll tag... I love all your Valentines display. And wow! for your steampunk cards! Gorgeous!
Michelle *Ü*

mimi said...

As you know I loved those dishes soooo much I hurried to Marshalls to have some of my very own. I am drinking my morning coffee from my polka dot mug right now :) It tastes so much better in such a pretty mug--as does my oatmeal from that adorable bowl.
I love my steampunk valentine too. I have it hanging in my craft room.
Stay safe and dry today--we are going to have more yucky weather today here in the "Burgh"
xoxoxo
Mimi

NanE said...

O Em Gee Joyce, I LOVE those dishes! Drool, swoon, drool some more! I was thinking about running to Marshalls this afternoon for something else, but Hmmm, might have to buy a few of those instead :) Your mantle looks very pretty too. Hugs and blessings, Nan

Lisa said...

I was visiting Sandy @ 521 Lake Street seeing her tea pot and cups, after she saw my dishes and saw your little pic on the side bar! Aren't these fun? I am in love with mine. Like you I have plain Fiesta Ware so these blend in with my colors!! Enjoy! I love all your Valentine decorations they are so sweet! Aren't hoildays fun!!
Hugs, Lisa

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a happy set of dishes, Joy! I like how they mixed up the polka dots with the checks. I'm glad you were able to find them. I know how frustrated I get when I see something on a blog, but then my local of whoever it is doesn't have it.

Betty said...

I bought the dessert stand from Home Goods. I have so much dishes and china that I couldn't justify buying more, but it is soooooo pretty!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails