Sunday, March 30, 2014

Prayer Board

 I can't believe it's been almost a month since I've posted...things have been pretty busy at our house.
We are trying to clean out and reorganize the whole place and believe me, it is daunting! I'll write more about our progress at another time.
Today, I wanted to share our prayer board with you.
A number of years ago, I decided that I didn't like having all of the photos we received from friends and family at Christmas, sit in a basket until the next year and then be thrown away.
I bought a plain bulletin board, arranged all of the photos on the board and then hung it up in the kitchen. Not satisfied with it just hanging there, I made a commitment to pray for the friends and family in the photos as often as I stopped to look at the pictures. This has now become a ritual for me and I feel closer to these dear ones because of praying.  I look forward to pinning up the new pictures every new year and comparing them with the ones from the year before. Because more and more people are sending along photos, I had to get a larger bulletin board last year! I also can't always use all of the pictures if they are embedded in a letter. I try to chose the ones that include all of the prople from that family.

This is my board with the new Christmas 2013 photos...


Some of you might see yourself or someone you know...







Do you keep all of the photos that you receive at Christmas, and if so, what do you do with them?

ON A SIDE NOTE: Something is wrong with my Blogger. It took me several hours to write this post and upload the photos. I'm trying to figure out how to contact Blogger about this problem and get some help. I had trouble once before and switched from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome and for a while it was great but now it won't load anything.
Gosh, I wish I understood this better!

XOXO
Joyce


8 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

That is a lovely idea. I keep them in a basket with the intent of praying for them during the year.
Happy Spring!
warmly,
deb

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Joyce, that's such a beautiful idea. Nothing like seeing their faces to remind you to pray. Wish I could help with your blogger but we haven't noticed any problems. We need to do a post, too! Have a nice week! Twyla

marie said...

THIS, dear Joyce, is an EXCELLENT idea!! My Christmas photos end up in a keepsake box. I like this so much better!!

vivian said...

The prayer board is a great idea! I have no clue what to do with blogger when it acts up. It is so frustrating when something is not working correctly on the computer.
good luck myfriend!!
have a great day regardless
xoxo
vivian

Jo said...

This is a cute idea. We keep ours up year-round in a photo holder in our living room. They are stocking photo holders, so they are only really suppose to be used at Christmas time, but they have been up ever since we moved 9 years ago.

Primitive Seasons said...

What a lovely tradition you're starting there girlfriend! And how nice for the recipients of those prayers as well. Have a great day Joyce.

Mary

Davi said...

That is a VERY cool idea Joyce! I am going to have to use this one :) Thank you for the tip!

Createology said...

Your prayer board is very sweet and thoughtful. Just thinking of others is such a blessing. Thank you for sharing such a lovely idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails