Thursday, September 11, 2014

We Are Connected! A Swap For All Seasons...September...Halloween

This past weekend, our son Eric, DIL Jane and our two Grandsons came for a visit to see the new house. Eric did so much to help his Dad! He was up and down the ladder, putting things away in high places...carrying heavy items from one place to another, connecting the computer and TVs, and then even mowed the lawn!!! So much was accomplished that would have taken us weeks to do. We have gotten a lot done but there is still much to do. I want to show you some pictures of the house...soon.
For right now, I want to say that the September swap at A Swap For All Seasons is a wrap...for the month, and, actually, for the year. We started last October and every month I have had so much fun with the different themes and color schemes that our fearless leader and Swap Hostess Extraordinaire, Linda Smith, has challenged us with. I have met a bunch of new blog friends and have swapped with some dear old friends as well. Thank you, Linda, for the energy and creativity you have presented us with...I have enjoyed every minute!
This month we had a Halloween theme and the color for the destash was orange. We were given our assignment and our partner's name at the beginning of August and in spite of getting ready for our big move, I was determined to participate. Halloween is such a fun topic to create for and I was happy to have a little creative fun in between sorting and packing. My partner was Marti of 
Artful Curiosities . This was the second time I created for Marti, the first being in February. Marti was my "donor" in May and you might recall this gorgeous piece of art she made for me...

So, for the Halloween tag, I made a small hanging piece...


This image has made the rounds on Pinterest and I just loved this gal's flair for the dramatic! I am not a fan of really scary Halloween things...I like the sweet or the funny...I thought she was kind of funny.
I made a pocket card filled with Halloween Bingo cards.


The destash also fit nicely into the pocket...


Leaves, stickers, more images, vintage seam binding, washi tape and 2 orange polka dot note cards.

I also made the envelope for the card using scrapbook paper that looked rumpled...it's so cute and I know I've had it forever.
I liked the way this turned out.


Now that our computer is back up and running, i hope to be back posting on a more regular basis and of course, visiting my fellow blogging friends!

Until next time...
xoxo
Joyce

8 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hooray that you are all moved and are settling in! You make the best cards and what a fun pcket!!!
warmly,
deb

Jo said...

Everything turned out lovely. That hanging piece is so creative. I love the smiling pumpkins and how it looks like she's holding the strings of the banner. The little bingo cards are cute too. I'm impressed, to say the least, that you were able to get all of that created while in the middle of getting ready to move.

Unknown said...

So cute! Your is packed and on it's way sweetie....now that I know where you live! :)

Elyse said...

hey busy bee,

everything is so charming and belated congrats on your new home!

xo
elyse

Createology said...

How very nice to have your son help so much. Getting settled into your new home is such a Joy. Love all the swap pieces you created and sent along. ASFAS will be missed until January. Creative Home Sweet Home Bliss Dear...

vivian said...

Thank God for our grown children! Im going to be putting mine to work soon cleaning up the upstairs and carrying all the stuff from my craft room up! soon.. In fact I think Im going to tell them thats what I want from them for my birthday. A work day!
I hope youre settling into your new house nicely and Im looking forward to pictures!
happy day!
xoxo
vivian

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

These are all such fun and pretty things, Joy! I love the hanging you made and the pocket card. I love that it holds some stash supplies, too.

I just read a couple of your previous posts to catch up. I hope you are settled in your new home. Are you still looking for things? : ) I know I was ~ even up to a year after we moved from Long Island to Ohio. Hope you got your craft room set up. I know that it was a nice refuge for me to make things while trying to set things up and acclimate to the new area.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Hello!!! Just had to buzz in and say hi. Finding a bit more time to do some blogging and I wanted to stop by to say hi to one of my favorite people to chat with. Hope your new home is coming along and that you are getting ready for a wonderful Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails