Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A Swap For All Seasons-June-A Guy Thing

We're rolling along in our year long swap with A Swap For All Seasons. This month the theme was A Guy Thing. Each month our swap package consists of a card, a tag and some specific color destash. The month's colors were black and gray.
My "send to" partner was Elizabeth of Tales From The Pond. Elizabeth's blog makes you feel like you're sitting at her kitchen table having a chat. She and her husband have recently moved into a newly built house and she's having lots of fun decorating. She and Dave have lots of adventures together and he is often included in her blog posts. Thinking about the fact that Elizabeth's Dave wears glasses, I made the following card using some cute, new dies...

.
loving the spectacles!
For the tag, I used some Tim Holtz and Graphic 45 supplies.



It was fun to work with a "guy" theme this month. It's often hard to find supplies for masculine cards but if you look at the others swapper's blogs in our group, you'll find many fine examples.
The destash trinkets I sent to Elizabeth...



When I saw that May, of May's Happy Daze, would be sending a card and tag to me I was very excited! She is a talented artist and a sweet woman. Here is her card and tag...


Very masculine and wonderfully detailed!


May really spoiled me with the stash she sent. I will have lots of fun creating with all she gifted me with.



Thank you all of the wonderful treats, May!
Another fun swap....now on to July!

In case you've been wondering where I have been....I have lots of news to share as soon as I can find some time to organize my thoughts. Remember my Word of the Year was
DECIDE,
well, I've been deciding like mad!

xoxo
Joyce

7 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Love what you created and what you received ... I had to skip June but am in for July.
Sometimes deciding is the most difficult thing for me !
(())

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very nice cards & tags, both made and given!
I signed up for the current one about "smiling" :)
warmly,
deb

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

First of all, I had to lol that you even noticed Sara's lace was the same. She kept me telling me she had a shirt made out of the same kind of lace, but I just thought she meant the "same type". So when she showed up last Sunday with it on I was so surprised. Hers was store-bought, McKenzie's fabric was from JoAnn's. Good eye, Joyce!
And WOW...moving! That is a huge undertaking. Wishing you the best with the Sale. Like you said, "a new adventure". That's wonderful.
And about blogging, I miss it very much and wish there were more hours in a day. Our new "yours, mine and ours" life and family is keeping me very busy...and happy. I also have a calling at church that requires a lot of my time these days. But life is good. One day I'm sure I'll be able to Blog more again.
Take care and keep us posted about your great new adventure.
Xoxo,
ML

Linda said...

Great cards and tags exchanged! Love them all! Fun destash too. Good luck with everything, Joyce. Such an exciting time- you are in my prayers!

Elizabeth Quigley said...

Hi Joyce,
I am enjoying my swap package you sent me. Today I worked on my purple swap. :)
Thank you the sweet words. Dave and I are just 2 kids playing house. LOL That is the great part of being older. :)
XXOO
Elizabeth

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh my Joyce, I just love what you made and what you received from May. You both are very creative. I'm so glad to have joined in the July swap. :)

Mimi Sue said...

Beautiful work, as usual! So exciting about the house selling so quickly! Keep us posted on the move and your new house. Lots of work to move but lots of fun too. Mimi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails