Thursday, May 30, 2013

Random Acts of Kindness

I have spoken many times about wonderful women I've become friends with through blogging. Some have been swap partners and some have been people whose work I've admired and in writing back and forth friendships were formed. My oldest (not in terms of age but length of time we've been friends) and dearest friend is Marie, of Spun By Me. Marie is truly one of the sweetest and thoughtful women I know (but have never met in person)
Another friend I have long admired is Dee. I first became familiar with her through Flickr. Her Flickr ID is Lulu at Home and she used to post wonderful vintage pictures, many from children's books. In 2009, Dee wrote and asked me what a swap was because she had seen photos I had posted on Flickr of swap items I had received or given. We decided to do a little swap and asked Rebekah of Full of Bliss to join us. I wrote about that swap here. I reconnected with Dee when I discovered that she had opened an Etsy Shop.
This is the link to her shop, Skip Along Designs, although she's on hiatus right now. I also nagged her into suggested joining Pinterest and now we follow each other on Pinterest. She uses the ID Duchess Annie on Pinterest. So anyway, Dee's birthday was in April and I wanted to send her a little something. I made a 5X7 inch heavy chipboard tag.


Dee loves vintage things (as you can easily see by her Pinterest boards). She has a magnificent collection of old button cards and she also collects vintage images. I used the Tim Holtz dressform die and My Mind's Eye papers on this tag.


The flower was punched using many layers of vintage sewing pattern tissue with a button for the center. Some vintage lace and a pleated ruffle were added to the bottom of the tag.



A friendship tag was added to complete the tag. I sent a few other things I thought Dee would enjoy but I didn't take pictures of them.


Last week in the mail a package came for me...

If you have peeked in her Etsy Shop (you can see the sold things), you will discover that Dee specializes in digital images...cute animals and nursery rhyme characters and paper dolls and paper for scrapbooking or card making...

Polly the Paper Dolly

A sweet little cupid garland for Valentine's Day

Little Bo Peep papers in various colors...(yes, she made these, too)

These are the backs of the papers!
 Dee also included some bird-themed embellishments and little gummed tags...




The grand prize in the package was a button card from her personal collection

Isn't it dear?
All of the treats are wonderful and will be cherished but none more than the card that Dee tucked in the package.


Isn't she just the happiest little girl? She made me happy!

I have saved every card sent to me from blogging friends. Handmade or just hand-signed...they are all treasured. Thank you my friend..I loved our little swap.
xoxo
joyce

6 comments:

vivian said...

Blogging friends are true treasures arent they!? what a great package of goodies to receive. I love the paperdolls and the valentine banner.
have a great weekend my bloggy pal!
xoxo

Lulu at Home said...

Hi Joyce~
What a sweetheart you are to have taken the time to have written this. I'm feeling very shy about it all. BLUSH...blush! Our old swap remains a very happy memory for me. You're the very best of swap buddies! Ever thoughtful and kind.
I didn't get your email until today so that's why I didn't answer sooner. I've been very bad about checking my messages. Look for a return email from me later today when I have some time to sit with a cuppa and enjoy responding.
I hope you're having fun on your excursion.
Big hugs & thanks,
Dee

Jenny's Heart said...

Bloggy friends are the best.
I need to be more involved again, I miss so much....
Have a great day.

Mimi Sue said...

It's all so adorable! Especially love the little button packet. Such a great friend to share. Mimi

marie said...

How did I miss this post!?

I love the bday gift you made for Dee..and all the treeasures you got in the mail.

Thank yiou so much for the sweet things you said about me. Who knew that alsmost five years later we'd still be buddies! You, dear Joyce, are a blessing in my life!

Little Birdie Blessings said...

I have some dear blogging friends and there's something special and unique about friendships in this community. I love to get happy mail, isn't it delightful. The tag you made is lovely. I have some 5x7 matboards all cut, I might give something like this a try. Like the idea of using old patterns for flowers. Thanks for the inspiration Joyce - I've pinned this. ~ Abby

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails