Sunday, January 29, 2012

Some things I forgot...

I was looking through my "Blog Photos" file for January and realized I missed
 sharing some things this month...
A Christmas gift from my sweet friend Bethanie
Coasters made from ceramic tile squares that
she covered with sheet music and decoupaged.
They came packaged in the cute angel box
Another sweet friend, Mimi, of Dandelion Wishes,
gave me story books to read to the boys, and coordinating
 finger puppets (which she makes-eeek!)



Mimi makes the cutest gift items for babies and small people and you can find
 some of her things here on Etsy.

One of my Christmas gifts was a gift card from Michael's
I chose these two suitcases
(just light-weight cardboard...not strong enough to travel with :D)


I thought they'd be good for storing some Tim Holtz  goodies and other vintage supplies.
I received an order of the new Basic Grey Valentine scrapbook papers in the mail....
Kissing Booth...so yummy in my favorite pinks and browns!



Today on my way home from church, I stopped in to Michael's to see what was new
and these caught my eye...and then they jumped into my cart!

Unfinished wooden birds.
Wire feet.
The possibilities are endless!!

Hope you are having a cozy Sunday!

X0X0
Joyce

5 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Very beautiful. Those little felt puppets are darling. I miss my finger puppet days...smiles...Renee

jemkagily said...

Mimi needs to get some of those finger puppets into her Etsy shop...WOW are they cute! Those papers are gorgeous and the birds you picked up are just crying out to have you work your magic on them. Can't wait to see what you come up with!
xo,
Wendi

Jo said...

Wow, you got some great stuff! I love everything, especially the books/finger puppets (def gonna have to check out her Etsy shop).

I also agree that those papers are super yummy. Even though I have about 900 (or 9000) pieces of paper, I might have to break down and get some of those.

I hope you will share what you do with the birds! :-)

Unknown said...

You've got a lot going on! I love the luggage boxes and birds you bought at Michaels!

Sandy xox

marie said...

I love those finger puppets...especially the three little pigs! (How did I miss that Sandra Boynton book.)

The suitcases from Michael's are great - I'd love to get a stack of those for some extra craft room storage. you chose some pretty ones. And the birds are too cute...you know I'll need to track them down! Can't wait to see what you do with yours.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails