Friday, November 9, 2007

this is the last one today....







This is my most recent project, and I must say, my favorite so far. The "house" is from sayitwithletters Do you sense a pattern here?Deb's letters and shapes, cut from 1/2-inch MDF board, are a joy to work with. They are sanded and clean and ready to alter when you get them. I have included 2 pictures of the naked house, well, except for the chimney, so that you can see what the pieces look like when you get them. I ordered this house when I ordered the acorn, thinking they would be perfect Fall & Winter projects. I couldn't decide, at first, how to decorate the house until I received the chipboard birds I ordered from http://jennibowlin.com. A Christmas birdhouse-that's what my project would be!!! The papers I used are from the brand spankin' new Daisy d's Snowflakes & Holly collection that we finally received at Your Memory Page. It was hard to decide which papers to use, they are all beautiful. Once the paper was applied, I used a clear Autumn Leaves flourish stamp and Brilliance Starlite Black ink to stamp the image above the birdhouse "hole". I hand wrote "Let Heaven and Nature Sing" along the flourish. I then added a little Spanish moss to make the "hole" look more authentic. Decorating the bird and adding him was the most fun part. I used vintage sheet music and a snippet of Daisy d's paper to cover the bird and wing, and stamped a little flourish on his back. The final step in my project was adding snow. I used Perfect Paper Adhesive applied with a foam brush along the edge of the roof and the top of the chimney. I then sprinkled Diamond Dust along the glue line. It was OK, but not enough sparkle, so I ran a bead of PPA on top of the Diamond Dust I had already applied, and poured more Diamond Dust on the glue and gently pressed it down with my fingers. Ah, now it looks like snow on the roof. I hope you can tell from the pictures. OK-I'm finished for today.

I still have so much to learn with this blogging thing-thank you to my friends and my husband who are encouraging me. Now I really must go and attack some real dust here at Camp Woodview!

2 comments:

LaurieStar said...

Joyce -

Your blog is fantastic - as are your altered projects! I am loving it and putting you in my favorites! :)

Unknown said...

Joyce this is beautiful!! Soooo funny too - I just finished altering this house!! I LOVE SIWL!! Deb is awesome and her shapes are so fun to work with! Your blog looks so great - thanks for letting me know about it! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails